Friday, January 8, 2010

2010

According to blogger I have started 4 blogs over the past two years. Each of them have exactly one post. So this year I'm going to try to blog more than one time.

2010...

10 years ago for New Year's to celebrate the millennium I was in Atlanta at a friend's apartment. We drank heavily, videotaped our antics, and partied like it was 1999 (because it was). I can't believe how much has changed since then:

2000
May
Graduated with two bachelors degrees in Business Administration (Logistics and Transportation, Marketing) and a minor in Spanish

August
Started my first real job as an apartment complex assistant manager (Jefferson Commons- now called The Commons at the corner of 17th and Grand in the Fort)

December
Went on my first date with Ben, my husband

2001
May
Quit Jefferson Commons and started working as an "accountant" for my dad's companies (Scotts Lawn Service and Cloud Southern Fuel)

November
Got engaged to Ben (I think). The whole experience was so horrific I really can't remember. Ask Ben.


2002
August
Started the MAcc program at UTK. Graduate Teaching Assistant to Lynn Reeves and Harry Hughes.

December
Became Catholic (I think). I didn't do the normal RCIA so I wasn't confirmed at Easter but I can't really remember when it happened. I'm pretty sure I had to be Catholic 6 months before our wedding.

2003
July
Graduated from MAcc program.
Got married to the greatest person on earth.
Spent the month (and into August) in Europe.

September
Started my real first real job as a Staff Tax Accountant at Pershing, Yoakley, and Associates which I hated more than any job I've ever had.

October
Sold my condo at Cherokee at Westcliff and bought house in Lyons Crossing.

2004
March
Quit PYA in the middle of Tax season.

April
I won't say.

May
Started working for the best public accounting firm around- Coulter and Justus, PC.

2005
January
Sold Lyons Crossing house and bought one on Westland Drive in Rotherwood which we renovated with Blaise Burch. Not because of Blaise but because I loved his name and thought it was unique- I wanted to name William Blaise. Ben didn't agree.

April
Quit C&J to go work for a "Big 4" firm, KPMG. Much better pay but the job wasn't as fun as C&J.

June
Bought 6 condos in Sequoyah Hills from the devil aka Glenn McBee, bringing us to a total of 8.

August
Sold 8 condos in Sequoyah Hills for a loss after a fire and no insurance.

2006
May
Quit KPMG to try real estate. Unfortunately, I love residential but chose to work in commercial which didn't work for me.

2007
May
Got pregnant.

June
Found out I was pregnant on Father's Day.

July
I won't say.

August
Started working as a Hall Director for UT in Strong Hall.

2008
January
Moved to Knoxville Place which would become Volunteer Hall

February
Had William (the greatest baby on earth!) on Valentine's Day!

2009
August
Quit working full time for UT to do a Ph. D. program in School Psychology
Moved into a house after two years in dorms/apartments

2010

???




No comments:

Post a Comment